Collected a package from the post office this arvo & just opened it. WOOOOO HOOOOO – The atlas of new librarianship & The new librarianship field guide are now in my hands (joining Expect more to the pile of reading that’s accumulating on the desk) & a quick perusal of the TOCs is telling me that I’m not going to be disappointed by them:
- Importance of theory & deep concepts
- Knowledge is created through conversation
- Invest in tools of creation over collection of artefacts
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- And much, MUCH, MUCH MORE.
I’m incredibly disappointed not to be working but, gosh, no way in the world I’d have purchased these & been able to really explore them if I was at work. If somebody will give this old girl a librarian’s position once I’m better, I wonder what kind of librarian I will be??? 🙂